Dance is the fastest, most direct route to the truth. We dance to fall in love with the spirit in all things, to wipe out memory or transform it into moves that nobody else can make because they didn’t live it. We dance to hook up to the true genius lurking behind all the bullshit — to seek refuge in our originality and our power to reinvent ourselves; to shed the past, forget the future and fall into the moment feet first. Remember being fifteen, possessed by the beat, by the thrill of music pumping loud enough to drown out everything you’d ever known.
“We dance to survive, and the beat offers a yellow brick road to make it through the chaos that is the tempo of our times. We dance to shed skins, tear off masks, crack molds, and experience the breakdown — the shattering of borders between body, heart and mind, between genders and generations, between nations and nomads. We are the transitional generation. This is our dance.” ~Dr. Bruce Lipton
Do you ever feel like the energy in certain areas of your body have become stuck or stagnant and meditation or Reiki just isn’t clearing it up? You might feel it manifest into physical symptoms such as sore joints, bones or muscle tension. Dancing is a great way to alchemize these blockages and really get the energy flowing again.
Each chakra holds its own sort of akashic record of information storage and these portals of consciousness are like gateways, that elevate our own conscious growth. When this energy is free to circulate, it highly impacts our emotional, mental and spiritual state and the more this energy flows, the higher our awareness expands.
So let’s free up those blockages shall we?
Root Chakra: Located at the base of your tailbone when stimulated it activates an exchange go energy between the legs and the sex organs. Movement of this chakra generates a strong sensation of grounding energy between your body and the earth.
- Move this chakra to generate sensations of security and to develop a strong connection between your body and the earth. To activate this chakra, visualize yourself like a tree with your feet rooted into the earth allowing for the rest of your body to bend and move like bamboo. With each step you take, focus on this connection.
Sacral Chakra: Located at the area in your lower spine and just underneath your belly button in the front. Movement of this chakra generates the balancing energies between your masculine and feminine energies.
- Move your pelvic area in small circles at first then gradually begin making larger circles.
Solar Plexus: Located just under your breast bone, movement of this chakra will stimulate your heart and lungs. Known as the seat of the ego, activation of this chakra brings self-confidence and strong will power.
- As you dance, visualize the sun inside of you, shining brightly throughout your whole body and piercing from the tips of the your fingers and your toes.
Heart Chakra: Located in the centre of your chest, movement of this chakra stimulates energy flow through all extremities of the body. Activation of this chakra releases a potent emotional connection to the essence of all of creation through love, compassion and tolerance.
- Spread your arms outwards, open your chest and spin!
Throat Chakra: Movement of this chakra stimulates your throat, your mouth, your face and your eyes. Activation of this chakra gives freedom of expression of your own individuality.
- Bring your head back with your throat poised outwards and give a good release! Belt it out at the top of your lungs.
Third Eye Chakra: Located on your forehead between your eyes, movement of this chakra stimulates the back of the neck, and the top of the head. Activation of this chakra brings a deeper connection to your intuition beyond instinctual.
- Close your eyes and feel the energy flowing as you dance – through the previously activated chakras and focus the energy pulsing in your forehead. Once you feel the pulse, begin pulling the energy back and forth in a push-pull manner from the back of your neck just below the skull to the front.
Crown Chakra: Located above your physical body, movement of this chakra creates a connection between your physical, etheric body and higher self.
- With all other chakras now activated, focus the energy that is pulsing between your third eye and the back of your neck and complete the connection by drawing a point at the top of the head and bring all of the energy above you.
Finally, keep the movement of each chakra until you can feel its sensation. Always recognize the emotion you feel as the energy moves through the chakra and release the attachment to the emotion to move through it. This will keep the energy flowing.
And remember to let the music give you the movement, to bring you the message and create the magic!