There are so many guiding forces in this life that are helping us along the way. These guiding forces include Divine beings, the Universe, your intuition, your heart and your mind.
Your heart is an intelligent, guiding force that is linked to both your soul and your intuition. Often we relate our heart to our emotions, but our heart is far more powerful than this.
Emotions can sometimes be misleading. Our emotions can be triggered by our mind, our thoughts and how we choose perceive things. This can color the emotions that we feel and cause emotions to cloud our judgement.
We have all been swept away by our emotions at times and then later perhaps regretted the actions that we took or the words that we said.
While emotions themselves can provide clues as to which direction we should head in, often emotions are only the first step at uncovering what our heart is really trying to say.
Being in-tune with your heart is about going deeper into your emotions and truly understanding why you feel a certain way and where this feeling really comes from.
When you really tune into your heart and clear past the emotions and the mind, often the answers are gentle, wise and rooted in love.
Being able to move out of your mind and into your heart is a powerful way to live your life and is great for receiving guidance when you are unsure of what to do or where to turn.
Here is how to receive guidance from your heart-
(This is best done when you are not in a highly emotional place, wait for the emotions to simmer for better results).
1. Find a quiet place where you can’t be disturbed. Close your eyes and take 3-4 deep breaths. Place your hand over your heart and in your minds eye, visualize the feeling of dropping into your heart. Feel your energy dropping into your heart center. Try to feel your heart beating.
2. Once you can “feel” your heart sit with this energy for a moment. Allow the energy to wash over you and continue focusing on strengthening the energy around your heart. You may even want to visualize a pink or green light growing stronger around your heart.
3. As you allow your heart energy to grow, you may notice different feelings of clarity or you may even receive a “knowing” or guidance from your heart. Surrender to the feeling.
4. Once you are ready, open your eyes. When receiving guidance from the heart the answer is usually a feeling or an intuitive knowing, so there is no need to ask your heart a question. Once you have sat in the energy of your heart, it is likely the answer will come to you naturally.
5. You can keep repeating this exercise whenever you feel the need to. It is also a great exercise for helping you to stay out of your mind and in vibration with your soul.